Thursday, September 3, 2009

How to Keep Your Travel Journal

I've written an article on How to Keep Your Travel Journal for those of you that are tired of writing things like "went to France, it was fun" in your journals. I'm no expert, but after years of keeping track of my different adventures, and looking at the pile of notebooks I have to prove it, I realized that I do have a few useful tips.

The great thing about keeping a journal, of course, is being able to do a little armchair traveling when the wanderer in you starts to get restless while you're stuck at home for an long period of time.  What with mortgages, job responsibilities, car notes, etc., sometimes being an adult isn't as fun as you imagined it would be when you were a child. Although I do have to admit, I've managed to keep one childhood promise to myself and routinely have pie or cake for breakfast.

I love looking through my old journals. They not only help me to recapture some of the places I've been, but also remind me of what was going on in my life at a particular time. It's encouraging to me how I've become a better person through my experiences while traveling.

No comments: